Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read these terms and conditions before using the ReedBarReview.com webpages. By enrolling in any Reed Bar Review course — hereinafter referred to as “Reed” -- you indicate your agreement to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions precedent are an integral part of this Agreement.
Our World Wide Web site is the property of Reed Law Group, Ltd, an Illinois Corporation, and its licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights on the Reed site and in the software, text, graphics, design elements, audio, music and all other materials originated or used by Reed at its site are reserved to Reed and its licensors. You may not reproduce, upload, post, transmit, download or distribute any part of the Reed information or information accessed at other sites through links made at the Reed site ("other sites"), other than printing out or downloading portions of the text and images for your own personal, noncommercial use. These notes may not be shared with anyone and are intended for your study purposes only. Please do not jeopardize your license to practice law by infringing on copyright laws.
You may not modify the Reed site, other sites, or any material residing on such sites. You shall observe copyright and other restrictions imposed by other sites. You may not use the Reed site or other sites in any manner that infringes the rights of any person or entity.
Domain names and trademarks of other sites, or contained in information accessed at other sites, are the sole property of their respective owners. No affiliation with, endorsement of, or sponsorship by Reed should be inferred.
Reed does not screen, edit or review material submitted by users. Reed can therefore accept no responsibility or liability for any material which may reside in or is accessed by the Reed site other than Reed information. Reed has no responsibility with respect to other sites.
You may not link, upload, post or transmit any illegal, obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate material to the Reed site. You agree to indemnify Reed from any damage, loss, cost or expense which may be incurred by Reed as a result of the material you link, upload, post, or transmit to the Reed site. Reed has no duty to review or edit materials submitted by users. Any such materials may be removed by Reed at any time for any reason.
No warranties of any kind are made with respect to the Reed site or other sites. Reed does not warrant that the Reed site will meet your requirements, will be accurate, or will be uninterrupted or error free. We expressly exclude and disclaim all express and implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of any kind arising out of or related to your use of the Reed site including without limitation data loss or corruption, regardless of whether such liability is based in tort, contract or otherwise.
All concepts, ideas, comments, manuscripts, illustrations, and all other materials disclosed or offered to Reed on or in connection with this site are submitted without any restrictions or expectation of confidentiality. Reed shall have no financial or other obligations to you when you submit such information, nor shall you assert any proprietary or moral right of any kind with respect to such submissions. Reed shall have the right to use, publish, reproduce, transmit, download, upload, post, display or otherwise distribute your submissions in any manner without notice or compensation to you.
Your use of the Reed site will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations that govern the export of technical data.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to any conflict of law principles. The parties agree that the laws of Illinois apply to this agreement and further agree that any dispute that cannot be resolved between the parties shall be submitted to an Illinois arbitrator agreed on by both parties and its decision shall be binding upon the parties. In case of litigation, the parties agree that all such litigation shall be brought in the courts of Illinois or any other jurisdiction decided by Reed.
IN NO EVENT SHALL REED OR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR MULTIPLE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
THE PREMIUM GUARANTEED PASS PROGRAM:
The Premium Guaranteed Pass Program is exclusively extended to students of the One-on-One (Gold) Instruction, the One-on-One (Silver) instruction, and/or the One-on-One Bronze Premium Instruction. It provides for continued assistance with an attorney/coach so long as the following conditions are met:
- The Premium Guaranteed Pass Program is subject to timely submission of over 90% of all assigned work.
- We cannot review nor guarantee your results if you do not submit your work product on a timely basis or miss lectures.
- We focus on feedback-based training and preparation. Students who do not submit their homework prior to meeting with their attorney-coach will be considered unprepared and will be required to make up their session at a later time if prior arrangements have not been made.
- We require the following: Homework and all diagnostic practice exams must be completed and submitted for grading. Essay writing samples must be submitted. Over 90% of assigned homework must be submitted for evaluation and all lectures must be attended.
- We utilize a number of attorney and staff resources to ensure that our candidates are the most prepared and most successful bar candidates in the nation. As a result, we ask a lot of our students and require diligence and persistence in their efforts to follow their attorney-coach's guidance throughout their studies. We have made every effort to prepare every one of our students for their exam. Students who continuously fail to follow instructions or demonstrate an inability to complete the work-product required by their attorney-coach will be reassessed at an appropriate time by our attorneys and staff for their fitness as candidates in our program. While we will make an effort to aid every bar candidate to the best of our ability, it is up to the student to meet the standards of diligence and hard work we have come to expect from successful candidates.
- Failure to follow the instructions of your tutor/coach, failure to schedule required minimal appointments (Bronze – 1 appointment per week, Silver – 2 appointments per week, Gold – 3 appointments per week) and/or repeatedly missing your scheduled individual call times may result in your dismissal from the program without any refund of tuition paid.
- If, for any reason, you are unsuccessful on your bar examination after completing all mandatory performance assignments, we guarantee continuing help at no additional cost so long as the following conditions are met.
- 1) You must contact us within two weeks of the date results are released for your jurisdiction;
- 2) You must prepare for the state for which we originally contracted; and
- 3) You must prepare for the bar exam that immediately follows. E.g., if you are unsuccessful on the July 2015 Bar Examination you must plan to prepare for the February 2016 Bar Examination.
Failure to fulfill the minimum requirements, failure to contact us within two weeks of the release of your results, choosing to prepare for a state other than that which was originally contracted, or deferring to a bar exam date that does not immediately follow the bar exam for which we prepared you may result in the assessment of an additional fee to continue instruction.
THE STANDARD GUARANTEED PASS PROGRAM:
Included in the Bronze Level One-on-One Instruction Program and with the Complete Self-Study Online Bar Review.
If, for any reason, you are unsuccessful on your bar examination we guarantee free continuing online access to updated review material and exams.*** To claim your guarantee pass, the following conditions must be met:
- 1) You must contact us within two weeks after results are released in your jurisdiction, and submit a copy of your exam score report;
- 2) You must prepare for the state for which we originally contracted; and
- 3) You must prepare for the bar exam that immediately follows the one for which you originally prepared, e.g., if you are unsuccessful on the July 2017 Bar Examination, you must plan to prepare for the February 2018 Bar Examination.
Failure to fulfill the minimum requirements and/or failure to contact us within two weeks of the release of your results, choosing to prepare for a state other than that which was originally contracted, and/or deferring to a bar exam date that does not immediately follow the bar exam for which we prepared you, may result in the assessment of an additional fee for continued access.
***Material updates including updated lectures, outlines, and exams are provided via online access only. Updated hard copy materials are available upon request, however a fee for printing and shipment will be applied.
TUITION IS A RETAINER AND NON-REFUNDABLE UPON SUBMISSION OF THE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT. EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY ONLY IN CASES OF DEATH, DISABILITY AS CONFIRMED BY A DOCTOR, AND/OR ACTS OF GOD. A Reed candidate may transfer his/her tuition to the next exam review period based on unforeseen circumstances subject to approval by Reed.
Students may not combine more than two (2) tuition discounts, where applicable, per enrollment without express written permission from Reed. Additionally, any specially negotiated tuition rate will void all standard Reed discounts including but not limited to: Payment in Full Discount, Bar Review Transfer Discount, Veteran’s Discount, and Early Bird Discount. A student may choose to forfeit a specially negotiated rate in favor of a standard discount.
SELF STUDY MATERIAL/COURSES:
Self-study courses are valid through the bar exam date originally contracted with us and will expire 30 days after their bar exam has commenced. We cannot continue free access for students who do not take the bar exam to which has been contracted with us. Self-study students may apply for a deferment. They must meet the deferment conditions as listed below.
In consideration of assisting candidates passing their bar exam all candidates agree to forward a testimonial within ten (10) days to Reed after finding out that they passed their bar exam. Candidates agree to allow Reed to publish such testimonials along with their names and law school from which they graduated. Upon written request, Reed agrees to publish only the first initials of candidates’ first and last names and the name of the law school from which they graduated. In the event that no such testimonial of success on the bar exam is forwarded within ten (10) days after release of bar exam results to Reed, reserves the right to publish information regarding candidates’ success on the bar exam.
NON-USE OF COURSE:
After enrollment, if a student decides not to use his/her course for whatever reason, including not scheduling with his/her attorney/coach, where applicable, and/or not using course materials, tuition must nevertheless be paid in full no later than four (4) weeks prior to the exam for which he/she originally contemplated. Upon enrollment, Reed incurs opportunity costs, administrative costs, and royalties payable to the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
If a student decides not to use his/her course and/or course materials, this alone does not qualify for an automatic deferment to the next examination. In order to qualify for a deferment, a deferment request form must be submitted no later than six (6) weeks prior to the end of the review period and is subject to approval by Reed. Tuition must be paid in full before a deferment request is granted.
Late payments are subject to a fee of $50.00 plus two (2) percent of the balance due. An additional $50.00 late payment fee will be charged on the 1st of each month in which no payment is received. In the event of non-payment or default, the parties agree that attorney fees plus costs shall be borne by the enrollee in order to collect such payments.
This is the entire Agreement between the parties and may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties.